Friday, May 27, 2011

Let's hurry up and wait.

So I have been trying to ask people about getting some therapy for Mercy for a while now.  My peditrician, who, God bless him, is WAY overworked.  Has said he would do something but nothing has happened yet.  We finally contacted Central Valley Regional Center, which she would be able to get help from, but not until July 13th. 

We also have started with the "who is going to pay?"  Private insurance VS Medi-Cal VS CCS VS the program at CVRC.  I know I am new, but I really want to know why it is so much work to get this going?  IT is obvious to everyone that she needs it.  Why can't I call and just get someone out here tomorrow to teach me what to do.  It seems like I could go to train at a school to become a therapist in the time it is taking to get someone to check her out! 

All that aside, I know that therapy will help, but she is going well.  I know that she is hitting her toys on purpose.  It looks like it isn't but she smiles every time she touches one and when she stops hitting them, she gets mad.  She hears my voice and looks for me.  When I walk into her room and she doesn't get picked up right away she crys.  So she must be able to see me. 

Her hearing isnt good, but we can't have the test until July 25th that would get her help right away.

It's frustrating to have to wait and wait. 

I want to feel like I am doing the best that I can for her, but I think I am slacking.   I hope this starts to turn soon because I am not one of those people who call and complain and bug, and I feel like I might have to learn how to do that very soon.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like Mercy is doing very good. I hope you get all things straightened out soon and she can start getting her therapy soon!

    It was pretty much like that with us too though. Denise was evaluated mid-September, and she did not start therapy until November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IN NJ, we have an Early Intervention program that is AMAZING! I just had to call the Ocean County Board of Health and Human Services, told them about my daughter, and they had an appt within weeks for her to be evaluated. She had started PT, OT and speech/feeding therapy by the time she was 3 months old. Now, I am not sure how things work where you live...do they have such a system? I would think that your pediatrician could just write a script for the services you want/need, and insurance would cover at least part of it...depending on your plan. I hope you get it figured out soon; it is this kind of stress that you do not need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower, PLZ Follow my daughters story at
    http://kendrarenaehall.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete